Nutrition and health
Product quality is of the utmost importance and we take the greatest care to select only the finest raw materials and to meticulously follow every last step of our recipes.
No colouring agents or preservatives
Not a single Alélor product contains any colouring agents or preservatives and we guarantee that our products are 100% natural.
We have been gradually reducing the salt content of our recipes over the last few years, while maintaining the same distinctive taste.
Mustard, beneficial to health
Mustard has a naturally low fat content and also contains antioxidants. Rich in vitamins and mineral salts, it has many health benefits.
Horseradish, a virtuous vegetable
Horseradish is rich in vitamin C, potassium and calcium is also known for its antioxidant properties. It can also be used in patients with diabetes to bring blood sugar levels down.
Highly digestible, it improves the circulation and helps control blood pressure.
Certified organic range
The Alélor Sélection range features organic gherkins, ketchup, harissa, pesto, beetroots, horseradish and horseradish mustard, all compliant with Écocert standards.
It has been shown that meals which include mustard or horseradish need less salt or other somewhat less natural taste enhancers.
Did you know?
Here are 10 questions to test your knowledge of our products
- Horseradish helps treat rheumatism. True or false?
- Mustard is rich in calcium. True or false?
- Horseradish is low in calories. True or false?
- Gherkins have antidepressant properties. True or false?
- Mustard is rich in vitamin C. True or false?
- Horseradish can be used in treating bronchitis. True or false?
- Gherkins help digestion. True or false?
- Beetroot has an anti-cancer effect. True or false?
- Horseradish and mustard prevent harmful bacteria. True or false?
- Olives have anti-cholesterol properties. True or false?
- True! Horseradish can be applied externally to help treat rheumatism, back pain, scurvy and insect bites
- True! The leaves of the mustard plant are a source of calcium. Calcium also plays an essential role in blood coagulation, controlling blood pressure and muscle contraction (including the heart).
- True! A 20g spoonful of horseradish has 71 kcal, and only 0.7 g of lipids (fats).
- True! Gherkins have psychobiotic properties. When you eat them, they stimulate production of serotonin in the digestive tract, which then is transmitted to the brain to enhance your mood.
- True! The leaves of the mustard plant are an excellent source of vitamin C. This vitamin, apart from its antioxidant properties, also enhances bone, cartilage, teeth and gum health, while helping to protect against infections, facilitating the absorption of iron contained in vegetables and accelerating skin healing.
- True! Horseradish has remarkable mucus-reduction properties and can be used to treat bronchitis and bronchopneumonia.
- True! Taken at the beginning of the meal, gherkins help digestion and have a slightly laxative effect.
- True! Studies have shown that the consumption of betaine, one of the pigments that gives beetroot its characteristic colour, helps prevent skin, liver and lung cancers in animals. Research also indicates that the carotenoids contained in beetroot leaves could help prevent certain cancers, including breast and lung cancer.
- True! Horseradish and mustard can help prevent food-derived infections as they protect against food-borne pathogens, such as Listeria, E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus. Mustard oil and horseradish both contain allyl isothiocyanate (AITC), which has antibacterial properties. Mustard oil contains 93% AITC and horseradish 60%.
- True! Olives are rich in “good fats” as they have a 75% oleic acid content. This is a monounsaturated fatty acid, which unlike the saturated fats we eat most of the time, has a beneficial effect on cholesterol. Olives also have a very low cholesterol content, with only 0.2 mg per 100 g.